Tech Moves: Gopuff hires Bezos’ previous complex advisor Meta engineering leader joins DoorDash
— Maria Renz, a former Amazon executive and technological advisor to Jeff Bezos, joined Gopuff as senior vice president of North The usa.
Renz was most not too long ago an government vice president at fintech big SoFi. She formerly put in practically two many years at Amazon as a vice president primary various groups, which includes Shipping Experience, and served as CEO of Quidsi, an Amazon subsidiary.
Renz, who joined Amazon in 1999, became the very first girl named technical advisor to Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, a coveted purpose she held from 2015 to 2017.
Renz is the hottest Seattle-place tech exec to be a part of Gopuff, an on-need shipping and delivery service for advantage store things that is reportedly valued at $40 billion.
“Because of its relentless concentration on buyers and best-in-course supply technological know-how, Gopuff is foremost the marketplace and redefining how people are purchasing today and in the long term,” Renz wrote in a LinkedIn write-up.
— Liangxiao Zhu, a former engineering leader at Microsoft and Meta, joined DoorDash as vice president of engineering.
Zhu begun her vocation at Microsoft, where she was a senior engineer operating on Windows Telephone, HoloLens, and extra. She then expended virtually a ten years at Meta, most not too long ago as a senior engineering director performing on payments technological know-how.
Zhu will direct new verticals this kind of as grocery and advantage at supply large DoorDash, which went public in 2020. The organization claimed earnings of $1.3 billion in the fourth quarter of final calendar year.
DoorDash opened a Seattle engineering workplace in 2020.
— Deidre Boulware, previously vice president at American Century Investments, will be a part of Leafly as main people today officer.
Boulware has extra than two decades of human assets leadership experience and earlier held roles at US Pharmacopeia, Willis Towers Watson, Capital Just one, Ally Economical, and Wachovia Securities.
She joins Leafly just months after the Seattle business went public by way of a SPAC merger. Founded in 2010, Leafly’s online market lets clients store and choose cannabis products from accredited vendors.
The startup also serves as an academic resource. Its system has more than 125 million yearly site visitors and the business enterprise created $36 million in income in 2020, with expected year-above-12 months advancement of 19% in 2021 and reaching $151 million by 2024.
Other personnel alterations across the Pacific Northwest tech marketplace:
- Paul Ramsey, main govt officer of UW Medication, declared he will be retiring successful July 31. Timothy Dellit, main medical officer, will provide as the interim CEO for the next two many years.
- Michelle Briscoe, previous president of Brooks Utilized Labs, joined Seattle startup Talus Bio as main operating officer.
- Brian Adams, a former leader at Zulily and head of portfolio at Amazon’s Alexa Fund, joined FLYR Labs as head of corporate improvement.
- Miyuki Jane Pinckard, co-founder of Story Kitchen Studio, joined Xbox as global portfolio director.
- Ken Barrett and Scott Fabro joined Seattle startup Arzeda as chief business officer and senior vice president of food stuff ingredients, respectively.
- Dr. Amy Snover, director of the College of Washington Local climate Impacts Group, will retire on June 15.
- Sean Ellis was appointed to the advisor board at Seattle-centered startup Upfocus.
GeekWire running editor Taylor Soper contributed to this story.